Programmes for Schools
Pro-actively keeping students and staff safe
Schools and universities throughout New Zealand are taking an increasingly pro-active approach to the personal safety of their students and staff by providing or arranging onsite self defence courses.
Protect provide specifically designed separate courses for students and staff to address the individual challenges they will face regarding personal safety.
The contents of these seminars are unique to Protect in New Zealand and provide participants with real, functional skills to assist in identifying and avoiding violent situations, de-escalating aggressive situations, physically defending against violent attacks if necessary as well as dealing with the potential consequences and aftermath of real situations.
Protect offer four main options for schools:
- Self defence courses for girls, boys, or mixed classes
- Self protection courses for teachers and staff
- Keynote talks on violence prevention and personal protection to students and/or staff
- Train-the-trainer course for P.E. and/or Health teachers
Courses can be delivered anywhere in New Zealand.
To find out more about Protect Self Defence programmes for schools and organisations make an enquiry
special day for our students."
- Skye Clark, Tikipunga High School